Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Time

As I sit here tonight, my bags are packed, the apartment is clean, and all laundry is done, I have one lingering question: is my heart prepared and ready for Africa? I have the ability to do all the above, but one thing I can't do is prepare my heart; that is God's job. My role is to make myself available to Him. I do believe the Lord has been faithful in providing the way for me to go to Africa. I am honored and humbled by all that has happened the last few/couple of weeks and am excited to see how the Lord is going to work the next 10 days! Being faithful, available, and teachable are the traits of a true disciple of Christ. I pray this is true of me and if not, may the Lord have His way in my heart, mind, and will.

Today I was asked what I expected in going to Africa. Two things came to mind: confirmation and growth (to more like Jesus and more in love with Jesus). I feel like a new chapter is starting and I have no idea what is ahead. A lot of uncertainties, but one thing that is certain is Jesus. Letting Him lead my life from here on out is all that I am focused on. I can't take control anymore. I don't care what trials and tests are ahead, I just want Jesus. His grace is sufficient for me.

My heart is heavy as I end this, but I choose to lay my concerns, burdens, and heartache at the foot of the Cross. All glory and honor to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment