Friday, September 23, 2011

Brokenness

Broken into a million pieces was I.  Not knowing where to go, I turned to the One who would know this best, Jesus.  Letting Him sit with me was great, but there was still more that needed to be done.  There were still a million broken pieces laying everywhere.  Coming to the Lord daily and sitting in the brokenness, I was left searching for what to do with all the broken pieces.  Little did I know, that God wanted all of these million pieces of the broken me.  All along I thought I was giving Him all of these pieces, but little did I know I was still holding onto some of the really sharp ones that hurt too much and/or there was too much fear in letting them be exposed. 
So as I sit here tonight, my heart is still in a million pieces and I am searching for Someone to put it back together.  I know I will never be the same person, but I am not suppose to be...I am a work in progress.  Letting the brokenness be exposed to the Light is what needs to be done, no matter how bad it hurts or what it costs.

The Father has to break us so He can heal us...wish I knew this more when I shattered, but nevertheless, it is never too late to find that healing in His scars!  Lord untie the knots in my heart and unlock the rooms in my heart that have been locked either by self, sin, or this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment